Poll: Are you a social media nerd?

Where you can talk about pretty much anything.

are you a social media nerd?

What?! are you 50? of cause I'm a social media nerd!
No votes
i have social media but i can survive without it..
80%
No, i don't have social media!
20%

Total votes: 5

LadyStone aka Caragh

Poll: Are you a social media nerd?

Post by LadyStone aka Caragh » Fri 06 Jul , 2018 10:41 am

i am not a social media nerd. and No, I'm not 50!
Caragh from the past

AlexRowley

Re: Poll: Are you a social media nerd?

Post by AlexRowley » Tue 10 Jul , 2018 10:56 am

I have Facebook and LinkedIn, but beyond that I really don't do social media. I'm just really bad at keeping on top of it, and talking with people can get really stressful. I can quite happily ignore my Facebook all weekend so I get a break from human beings.

That being said, it's nice to keep track of old friends, and it's a really convenient way to get in touch. With the amount of junk in my email inbox, FB is probably the best way to contact me outside of work :lol:

But yeah, beyond that I never look at my Instagram (tried it, didn't like it), deleted my Snapchat (ditto), and I am staying FAAAAAAAR away from Twitter. It just looks so easy to be misunderstood on there, something I worry about too much already!!
Here to help every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Just drop me an email or call the Hub and I'll see what I can do :ugeek:

LadyStone aka Caragh

Post by LadyStone aka Caragh » Fri 13 Jul , 2018 10:19 am

nice. i had facebook once, didn't like it. don't have any social media but like YouTube and Pinterest, but i don't show my face so it doesn't really count as social media lol
Caragh from the past

Chrisdrew

Post by Chrisdrew » Sat 14 Jul , 2018 1:13 pm

I'm gonna sound really strange, but although I have several social media accounts, I tend to avoid it like the plague as I've never had any meaningful communications with people through them. as communications platforms go they all seem to be incredibly limited outside of any directed messaging service they offer.

This leaves me at an Impasse as everyone around me buries themselves in SM like a magazine but I find it thoroughly un-stimulating and un-engaging, which is quite an isolating position.

LadyStone aka Caragh

Post by LadyStone aka Caragh » Sat 29 Sep , 2018 5:22 pm

Chrisdrew wrote:
Sat 14 Jul , 2018 1:13 pm
I'm gonna sound really strange, but although I have several social media accounts, I tend to avoid it like the plague

It doesn’t sound strange at all. For example my mate uses twitter to check for football updates, and even that is once in a blue moon. The notifications just stack and stack.
Caragh from the past

Aimee

Post by Aimee » Fri 12 Oct , 2018 11:26 am

I do love so media my favourite is Facebook mainly