Artistic Spectrum Discussion

Where you can talk about pretty much anything.
AlexRowley

Artistic Spectrum Discussion

Post by AlexRowley » Fri 08 Feb , 2019 4:08 pm

Seems like a lot of us on the spectrum are really into art. Anyone want to talk about their favourite kinds and/or what they like to create themselves?

Personally, one of my favourite artists is Alphonse Mucha. I love his theatre posters and themed pieces. I actually managed to find a small print of The Seasons in a charity shop, but still haven't got around to putting them up yet xD
[+] The Seasons, Alphonse Mucha, 1896
In terms of creating art, I am really bad for procrastinating over everything. I just get really anxious when I'm doing it and end up giving in after an hour of almost starting :oops: That being said I finally finished something last year for a charity open exhibition. I'll try and post it here some time :)
Here to help every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Just drop me an email or call the Hub and I'll see what I can do :ugeek:

Kwilks

Re: Artistic Spectrum Discussion

Post by Kwilks » Tue 09 Apr , 2019 11:23 pm

I've almost always used both modelmaking and roleplay as a creative outlet, both from an artistic standpoint as well as others. Modelmaking, particularly converting new characters and scenes from otherwise existing pieces, is quite an unusual medium since it's very three-dimensional and in some ways not as static as conventional painting. I tend to view things quite holistically and like viewing things from various perspectives, and try to express myself in ways that can be approached in a similar manner - in short, it's cool that making a miniature or diorama lets you literally look at a piece of art from different angles.

As for influences, I do love the work of Skits Cory, who has a business / commission page visible on facebook. I can't say I really have any specific artists I like traditionally, but I do love certain aesthetics in photography and landscape art in general - scenes of industrial ruin and natural reclamation are gorgeous to me.

LadyStone aka Caragh

Re: Artistic Spectrum Discussion

Post by LadyStone aka Caragh » Wed 10 Apr , 2019 8:26 pm

Heyyyyy!!

I don’t have a favourite artist even though I took art as a GCSE!!

I draw, and recently I’ve been into said illustrations! It’s a mood honestly xx
Caragh from the past